2019 Presidential Election..... Santussly

A philosopher can never keep quiet when this political hullabaloo persist. As a good Nigerian and a Philosopher I will actually want everyone to Vote. But the question that keeps striking my heart is: who are we to vote? 
When someone knows his offence to plead won't be a problem isn't it? But when you do not see the shadow of the person ready to fight you, how will you fight back? 
I stand to be corrected, in Nigeria we don't vote capable hands, but the political party. 
I was a bit surprised in school when I heard let's vote out this PDP of a thing and bring in APC. The story started long time ago. IF we critically look at the trajectories of these political parties, I'm sure we will discover that people who were then when they were young men are still the dominant people today...  Nothing has changed, Many Africans will tell you it is the work of the Colonians but left for me, we are just what D. Trump calls us. We are not ready to make change when necessary. We want everything at the platter of Gold. The news on TV these days do not preach hope but doom. It is better to be blind than to see the atrocities being committed by our politicians. 
One of my friends keep saying the best political theory fitting Nigeria is that of Niccolò Machiavelli. But ask yourself, should we go as far as that for the good of this country? Can't we just follow the good words of the philosopher who said...  "No man has any natural authority over his fellow men". And also “I prefer liberty with danger than peace with slavery.” ...J J Rousseau. Well you might say I'm preaching a revolution. I will accept that because it has happened before so if it happens again it is a thing of history repeating itself. 
For now, let us vote a visionary leader, someone who is altruistic, ready to make the National flag flying. I would love to say this idea was born out of a movie titled Designated Survivor. But believe me, Nigerians need a President with focus and intelligence. 
                 Thanks 
             Santus 2019

ANANAH JR

I am just an ink in the hands of the eternal writer to imprint sophia and to unveil the fogs in human faculty

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post